This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of domain name registration and related services (“Services”). In this Agreement “you” and “your” refer to you or any agent, employee, servant or person authorized to act on your behalf, and the registrant listed in the WHOIS contact information for the domain name. This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for various services offered by RevTech.ca. When you use your account or permit someone else to use it to purchase or otherwise acquire access to additional RevTech.ca service(s) or products or to cancel your RevTech.ca service(s) (even if we were not notified of such authorization), this Agreement covers such service or actions.
- You agree to this agreement and the referenced agreementsBy using the service(s) provided by RevTech.ca under this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Agreement, and the rules, policies, or agreements published in association with specific of the Service(s) and/or which may be enforced by Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), the registries, and governments.
- Changes to agreementThis Agreement will change over time in response to changes in the requirements of governments and administrative bodies, legislation and changes in the nature of industry. If, as a result of such a change to this Agreement, you no longer agree with its term, you agree that your exclusive remedy is to transfer your domain name registration services to another registrar or request RevTech.ca to cancel your domain name registration and/or related Services. Should you elect to cancel the Agreement with RevTech.ca, you will not receive a refund for any fees you may have paid to RevTech.ca . If you continue to use the Services following a change in this Agreement and/or the Services, your continued use of the Services indicates your consent to the changes. Any such revision or change will be binding and effective within 30 calendar days of the date on which the revised Agreement or change to the terms of the Service(s) is posted to the website of RevTech.ca or 15 calendar days after notification of the change in terms is sent to the e-mail address provided by you in association with your domain name registration. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to make yourself aware of any such revisions.
The term of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect as long as you have any domain name registered through RevTech.ca or as long as you are employing any Service(s). You agree that you will not transfer any domain name registered through RevTech.ca to another domain name registrar during the first sixty (60) calendar days from its initial registration date.
- Service(s) provided at will and termination of service(s)
We may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Service(s) to you for any reason within 30 days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal. Outside of this period, we may terminate or suspend the Service(s) at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes registration of prohibited domain name(s), abuse of the Services, payment irregularities, material allegations of illegal conduct, or if your use of the Services involves us in a violation of any Internet Service Provider’s (“ISP’s”) acceptable use policies, including the transmission of unsolicited bulk email in violation of the law. You agree that if we terminate or suspend the Services provided to you under this Agreement, that we may then, at our option, make either ourselves or a third party the beneficiary of Services which are substantially similar to those which were previously providing to you and that any reference in this Agreement to termination or suspension of the Services to you includes this option. If we have grounds to terminate or suspend Service(s) with respect to one domain name or in relation to other Service(s) provided through your account, we may terminate or suspend all Service(s) provided through your account, including Service(s) to other domain names maintained by you with us. No fee refund will be made when there is a suspension or termination of Service(s) for cause. At any time and for any reason, we may terminate the Services thirty (30) days after we send notice of termination via mail or email, at our option, to the WHOIS contact information provided in association with your domain name registration. Following notice of termination other than for cause, you must transfer your domain name or risk that we may delete your domain name or suspend or modify Services to it. If we terminate Services for a reason other than cause, we will attempt to refund your fees. You further acknowledge and agree that your registration of a domain name is subject to suspension, cancellation or transfer by any ICANN procedure, by any registrar or registry administrator procedures approved by an ICANN-adopted policy, to correct mistakes by us, another registrar or the registry administrator in administering the domain name or for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name. You agree that your failure to comply completely with the terms and conditions of this agreement and any RevTech.ca rule or policy may be considered by RevTech.ca to be a material breach of this agreement and that RevTech.ca may provide you with notice of such breach either in writing or electronically (i.e. email). In the event you do not provide RevTech.ca with material evidence that you have not breached your obligations to RevTech.ca within ten (10) business days, RevTech.ca may terminate its relationship with you and take any remedial action available to RevTech.ca under the applicable laws. Such remedial action may be implemented without notice to you and may include, but is not limited to, canceling the registration of any of your domain names and discontinuing any services provided by RevTech.ca to you.
- Our Services
- Domain name registration. ICANN oversees registrations and other aspects of the TLDs. Domain name registrations are not effective until the registry administrator puts them into effect. Domain name registrations are only for limited terms, terms which end on the expiration date. For domain names which are created as a new registration out of the available namespace, the term begins on the date the domain name registration is acknowledged by the applicable registry; for domain names registrations which were not returned to the available namespace, the term begins on the date the previous registrant’s domain name registration was acknowledged by the applicable registry. You agree that we are not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by the registry administrator arising out of or related to a request to register, renew, modify the settings for, or transfer of a domain name registration (our limitation of liability is explained further, below). You further agree that domain name registration is a service, that domain name registrations do not exist independently from services provided pursuant to this or a similar registration agreement with a registrar, and that domain name registration services do not create a property interest.
- Agreement not to use “services” for improper purposeYou agree not to use the Services provided by RevTech.ca, or to allow or enable others, to use the services provided by RevTech.ca for the purposes of: 1) the transmission of unsolicited email in violation of the law; or 2) repetitive, high volume inquires into any of the services provided by RevTech.ca (i.e. domain name availability, etc.). Further, if you are hosting your domain’s domain name servers (“DNS”) on RevTech.ca servers, or are using our systems to forward a domain, URL, or otherwise to a system or site hosted elsewhere, or if you have your domain name registered with RevTech.ca, you are responsible for ensuring that there is no excessive overloading of RevTech.ca’s DNS systems. You may not use RevTech.ca servers and your domain as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, or other abusive attack. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited. You agree that RevTech.ca reserves the right to deactivate your domain name from its DNS system if RevTech.ca deems it is the recipient of activities caused by your site that threaten the stability of its network.
You agree that RevTech.ca, in its sole discretion and without liability to you, may refuse to accept the registration of any domain name. RevTech.ca also may in its sole discretion and without liability to you delete the registration of any domain name during the first five (5) days after registration has taken place.
- Your obligations to ensure entitlement to use domain name
Without limitation, the following are not included in the Services: We cannot and do not check to see whether the domain name(s) you select, or the use you make of the domain name(s), or other of the Service(s), infringes legal rights of others. It is your responsibility to know whether or not the domain name(s) you select or use infringes legal rights of others. We might be ordered by a court to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name; it is your responsibility to list accurate contact information in association with your account and to communicate with litigants, potential litigants, and governmental authorities. It is not our responsibility to forward court orders or other communications to you. We will comply with court orders unless you contact us to contest the order.
- Fees and payments
As consideration for the Service(s), renewal of the Service(s), and, if you select it, automatic renewal of the Service(s), you agree to pay, prior to the effectiveness of the desired Service(s), the applicable Service(s) fees. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term. You may pay for Services by providing a valid payment method accepted by RevTech.ca; provided, however, that we may at our option require that you pay fees through a particular payment means (such as by credit card or by wire transfer) or that you change from one payment provider to another. RevTech.ca expressly reserves the right to change or modify its prices and fees at any time, and such changes or modifications shall be posted online on the RevTech.ca website and effective immediately without need for further notice to you. If you have purchased the Service(s) for a period of months or years, changes or modifications in prices and fees shall be effective when the Service(s) in question come up for renewal as further described below. If RevTech.ca is for any reason unable to charge your chosen Payment Method for the full amount owed for the Services provided, or if RevTech.ca is charged a penalty for any fee previously charged to your Payment Method, you agree that RevTech.ca may pursue all available lawful remedies in order to obtain payment. You agree that the remedies RevTech.ca may pursue in order to effect payment shall include, but not be limited to, suspension of Services, cancellation of domain names registered through our Services, and/or suspension of access to any and all accounts you have with us and/or your Primary Service Provider; and that all rights to and interest in and use of any domain name registration(s) services, website hosting, and/or email services, including all data hosted on our systems shall be assumed by us in satisfaction of any indebtedness by you to us. We will reinstate your rights to and control over these Services solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fee(s) and our reinstatement fee, currently set at $300 (CAD Dollars). RevTech.ca also reserves the right to charge you reasonable “administrative fees” or “processing fees” for (i) tasks RevTech.ca may perform outside the normal scope of its Services, (ii) additional time and/or costs RevTech.ca may incur in providing its Services, and/or (iii) your noncompliance with this Agreement (as determined by RevTech.ca in its sole and absolute discretion). Typical scenarios include, but are not limited to, customer service issues that require additional personal time or attention, fees incurred by third-party payment providers such as PayPal, fees incurred as the result of chargebacks or other payment disputes brought by you, your bank, or a Payment Method processor, and disputes that require accounting or legal services. These administrative fees or processing fees will be billed to the Payment Method you have on file with RevTech.ca.
- Expiration and renewal of service(s) and notifications of expirationYou acknowledge that it is your responsibility to keep your own records and to maintain your own reminders regarding when your domain name registration or other Services are set to expire. RevTech.ca will attempt to notify the registered name holder of the expiring domain name twice before the expiration date, once approximately one month before the subject domain’s expiration date and again approximately one week before the subject domain’s expiration date. RevTech.ca’s renewal reminder will consist of an email message sent to the registered domain holder’s email address as it is listed in the expiring domain’s whois record. Further, RevTech.ca reserves the option, but not the obligation, to send additional renewal reminder notices to any other email addresses associated with the expiring domain, including, but not limited to, the email address of the expiring domain’s account holder or the billing contact of the expiring domain’s whois record.
Should these fees go unpaid, your Services will expire or be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may allow or require from time to time.
You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to keep your billing information up to date. You acknowledge and understand that, as part of its management of user registrations, RevTech.ca sends out periodic notices to registrants apprising them of payment deadlines, pending expiration deadlines and other important information affecting your account and, specifically, registration of domain names.
Where appropriate, RevTech.ca will send such notices to the e-mail address of the subject domain’s registered domain holder, the e-mail address you provided as your contact information in connection with your account associated with the subject domain, and/or any other email address that RevTech.ca determines, in its sole discretion, to be sufficiently related to the subject domain to warrant notice.
You therefore acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to provide and maintain accurate account information and domain name whois information so that RevTech.ca may provide you with important notices regarding your account.
- Accurate account contact information and domain name whois informationAs further consideration for the Service(s), you agree to provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you, both with respect to your account information and with respect to the WHOIS information for your domain name(s). You agree to maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. With respect to you, the administrative, technical, and billing contacts for your domain name registration(s) and other Service(s), you must submit the following: name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and, if available, fax number. You agree that the type of information you are required to provide may change and you understand that, if you do not provide the newly required information, your registration or and/or other Service(s) may be suspended or terminated or may not be renewed. In the event the lack of accurate/current contact information results in the loss, cancellation or transfer of the domain name(s) associated with your account, you agree that you shall not hold RevTech.ca liable for any such loss or any damages associated with the loss. Not providing requested information may prevent you from obtaining all Service(s). You may provide information regarding the name-servers assigned to your domain name(s) and, if we are providing name-server services to you, the DNS settings for the domain name.
You agree to notify RevTech.ca within five (5) business days when any of the information you provided as part of the application and/or registration process changes. It is your responsibility to keep this information in a current and accurate status. Failure by you, for whatever reason, to provide RevTech.ca with accurate and reliable information on an initial and continual basis, shall be considered to be a material breach of this Agreement. Failure by you, for whatever reason, to respond within five (5) business days to any inquiries made by RevTech.ca to determine the validity of information provided by you, shall also be considered to be a material breach of this agreement. You agree to retain a copy for your record of the receipt for purchase of your domain name or Services.
You acknowledge and agree that domain name registration requires that this contact information, in whole or in part, be shared with the registry operator. As required by ICANN, this information must also be made publicly available by means of Whois, and that the registry operator may also be required to make this information publicly available by Whois. Both RevTech.ca and the registry operator may be required to archive this information with a third party escrow service. You hereby consent and give permission for all such requirements and disclosures. Further, you represent and warrant that, if you are providing information about a third party, you have notified the third party of the disclosure and the purpose for the disclosure and you have obtained the third party’s consent to such disclosure.
- Obligations and representations relating to the account and whois contact informationIn the event that, in registering a domain name or obtaining other Service(s), you provide information about or on behalf of a third party, you represent that you have (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that party’s information as set forth in this Agreement, and (b) that you have obtained the third party’s express consent to the disclosure and use of that party’s information as set forth in this Agreement. Further, when registering a domain name on behalf of a third party, you agree to inform any customer of yours, who may be acquiring a domain name through you using RevTech.ca’s registration services, that they are in fact registering their domain name through RevTech.ca and that RevTech.ca or its provider is an accredited registrar with ICANN. You agree not to represent that you are an ICANN accredited registrar or that you are in any way providing superior access to the ICANN Domain Name Registry. You also agree not to use the ICANN trademark logo in any of your promotional materials including your web site. By registering a domain name or applying for other Service(s) you also represent that the statements in your application are true and you also represent that the domain name is not being registered or the Services being procured for any unlawful purpose. You acknowledge that providing inaccurate information or failing to update information promptly will constitute a material breach of this Agreement and will be sufficient basis for suspension or termination of Services to you. As indicated elsewhere in this Agreement, you understand that it is important for you to regularly monitor email sent to the email address associated with your account and WHOIS contact information because, among other reasons, if a dispute arises regarding a domain name(s) or other Service(s), you may lose your rights to the domain name(s) or your right to receive the Service(s) if you do not respond appropriately to an email sent in conjunction therewith.
- Account SecurityPlease safeguard your account access credentials (including but not limited to your customer username/login, support pin code, password) from any unauthorized use. You agree that any person in possession of your account login identifier and password will have the ability and your authorization to modify your account and domain name information. We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information and that such reasonable precautions include procedures for releasing account access information to parties who claim to have lost account access information.
- Transfers of domain namesYou agree that transfer of your domain name(s) services shall be governed by ICANN’s transfer policy, available at http://www.icann.org/transfers/, as this policy may be modified from time to time. You agree that we may place a “Registrar Lock” on your domain name services and that this will prevent your domain name services from being transferred without your authorization, though we are not required to do so. By allowing your domain name services to remain locked, you provide express objection to any and all transfer requests until the lock is removed. Only the registrant and the administrative contacts listed in the WHOIS information may approve or deny a transfer request. Without limitation, domain name services may not be transferred within 60 calendar days of initial registration, within 60 calendar days of a transfer, if there is a dispute regarding the identity of the domain name registrant, if you are bankrupt, or if you fail to pay fees when due. Transfer requests typically take five business days to be processed. A transfer will not be processed if, during this time, the domain name registration services expire in which event you may need to reinstate the transfer request. You may be required to resubmit a transfer request if there is a communication failure.
- After expiration of the term of a domain name registrationImmediately after the expiration of the term of domain name registration services and before deletion of the domain name in the applicable registry’s database, you acknowledge that we may direct the domain name to name-servers and IP address(es) designated by us, including, without limitation, to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host a parking page or a commercial search engine that may display advertisements, and you acknowledge that we may either leave your WHOIS information intact or that we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name.
- Legal AgeYou attest that you are of legal age in Canada or the United States to enter into this Agreement.